- How do I refer a patient to Central Florida Behavioral Hospital?
Referrals can be made 24/7 by calling 407-370-0111. Patients may make appointments or walk-in to Central Florida Behavioral Hospital.
- Why can’t I have access to all of my belongings?
Due to the nature of our facility and the populations we serve there are certain restrictions that are in place to promote safety for all persons served at our facility. Many items are permitted in your room but certain items that have been deemed a possible safety risk or a distraction to therapy have been restricted or not permitted.
- When can I visit my loved ones?
Central Florida Behavioral Hospital understands the importance of being able to visit loved ones during an inpatient hospital stay. Upon admission, patients and families will receive their visiting days and times.
- Do patients have telephone access?
To protect the confidentiality of our patients, we do not allow direct inbound phone calls to patient phones. Patients may place outbound call when their treatment schedule permits.
- Will my insurance cover my hospital stay?
Central Florida Behavioral Hospital is contracted with most insurance companies including Medicare and Tricare. Our financial counselors are available to all patients upon admission.
- How soon will I see a physician?
Patients that are admitted to a program at Central Florida Behavioral Hospital will see both a psychiatrist and an internal medical physician within 24 hours of admission
- Should I bring my prescription medication?
Yes, please bring any prescription medications that you are currently taking. This ensures our treatment team has correct medication doses and pharmacy information should we have any questions.
- Can I use tobacco products while in treatment?
Central Florida Behavioral Hospital is a smoke free campus, which includes electronic cigarettes. However, our physicians have the ability to prescribe nicotine patches for your comfort while in the hospital.
- Can I bring my own toiletries?
CFBH will provide all toiletries needed for your stay. To assist in maintaining safety of all patients, toiletries from home are not permitted.
Approved items for admission:
- 3 complete outfits (please remove all strings)
- 2 sleep outfits
- 3 pairs of underwear
- 2 bras
- 1 pair of shoes (please remove laces)